Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Taming the chaos...

Just wanted to post a quick update while I had a chance...

I rented a 10'x10' climate-controlled storage space last week, and have moved most of my unfinished projects into it. This is the first time my hobby has had an ongoing monthly fee ($90), but I keep telling myself it's only for a while. My plan is to pull one project at a time until I'm done. Surely by 2012...

I bought 2 of JROK's awesome multi-Williams boards. One will go into Defender, and the other will go into Joust. I love the fact that the board doesn't use emulation - it's the exact same logic, just shrunk to the size of a silver dollar.

My current projects are Area 51/Max Force and Area 51 Site 4. I ordered some 2GB compact flash cards and CF-IDE adapters to replace the failing hard drives on these 2 boards. I'll try to go multi-jamma so that all of these games can be played in one cab. The guns are cleaned up and waiting...

Sorry for the lack of pics in this post; I promise the next one ("Area 51 Revisited") will be awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Let the addiction begin! Last time I got a storage unit for games for "just a short time" it turned out to be a year and a half. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete